Safe Routes passes in the House, Needs your help in Senate
On April 11, the Colorado House of Representatives passed the Safe Routes to School Act, HB 14-1301, on a 42-20 vote with $700,000 in state funding. We asked you to reach out to your state representatives to voice your support for the Safe Routes to School program, and your voices were heard. Because of your action, the bill was passed and will be heard next in the State Senate. Thank you so much for your support.
We need your help telling state senators to support Safe Routes to School
The bill will be heard in the Senate Transportation Committee Thurs., April 24. With the 2014 legislative session ending in just three weeks, we need your help again (and quickly) to reach out to your state senator to support the Safe Routes to School Act.
Call or email your state senator today and ask for support of House Bill 1301 — Safe Routes to School
Now is the time for every Colorado Senator to hear that child safety and health is a priority in Colorado.
- Enter your home address near the top of http://openstates.org/
- Select your senator to see his/her phone and email
- Ask for support of House Bill 1301
- Give your name and address so they know you live in their district
- Tell them that Safe Routes to School is a worthwhile investment in keeping kids safe and improving their health
- Learn more about the bill and program here
Safe Routes to School Act path to law
- Introduced in the House Representatives
- Passed by the House Transportation Committee
- Passed by House Appropriations Committee
- Passed by the House of Representatives
- Scheduled next for the Senate Transportation Committee