Cruising through Colorado Bike Month
Colorado Bike Month is in full swing! It’s just over one week into Bike Month and we’re excited to be involved in so many great activities that are going on.
As you are probably aware, Colorado celebrates bike month in June (instead of May like most of the country) to hopefully have better weather for bicycling in our communities at higher elevations. So, let’s get going!
Here’s what we’ve been up to
- Colorado Springs hosted their first regional bike summit Friday, June 3 with more than 220 people in attendance. Our Policy Director Ted Heyd moderated the panel, The Case for Advocacy, and we also participated in the happy hour expo. Bicycle Colorado has been providing technical assistance to the Colorado Springs community for several years, in part supporting the completion of a bicycle master plan (now under way) and improvements to bicycle infrastructure in the city and surrounding region.
- We were out at Arvada Trails Day on Saturday, June 4, celebrating Arvada’s great multi-use trail network and the new section of the Rocky Mountain Greenway Trail (a 16 in 2016 trail) on National Trails Day.
[fusion_builder_container hundred_percent=”yes” overflow=”visible”][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”no” center_content=”no” min_height=”none”]
- Cycling enthusiasts had a fun time at the Kitchen Next Door Community Night on Monday, June 6 in Union Station. They generously donated half of food and drink purchases to Bicycle Colorado. Thanks to all who came by to say hello and join in the fun.
- Also thanks to everyone who stopped by our tent at Elephant Rock on Sunday, June 5 and became a Bicycle Colorado member or purchased a t-shirt or jersey. We thank the event organizers for their continued financial support of Bicycle Colorado.
- We’ll be out at the Electric Bike Expo on Saturday, June 18 at the Colorado Mills Mall in Lakewood. We’re raffling off a Tempo eBike—with all proceeds benefiting Bicycle Colorado—so please stop by for a chance to win! Can’t make it to the event? Get your tickets here.
- Also on Saturday, June 18 we will be in Stapleton at the Denver Century Ride, one of our champion event members. Stop by our tent to say hello, join or renew and buy a t-shirt or one of our new 2016 jerseys.
[/fusion_builder_column][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”no” center_content=”no” min_height=”none”]
- Bike to Work Day is Wednesday, June 22. Are you ready? This year we’ll be at Civic Center Park and REI in Denver, the Boulder B-cycle station at 38th and Arapahoe at The Peloton and Interlocken along the US 36 Bikeway. Stop by for membership deals and giveaways!
- Bike MS Colorado is a two-day ride on June 25-26. Bicycle Colorado will be at their Expo on Friday, June 24 from 2-7 pm at Front Range Community College in Westminster. Come say hello!
Beyond Bike Month
We have a busy Colorado Bike Month planned and hope to see you! But the cycling season obviously goes way beyond June. Check out our calendar of events for upcoming rides you and your friends can enjoy. All these events make a financial contribution to Bicycle Colorado, helping us to become the most friendly state in which to ride!
Lastly, if you haven’t registered yet for the National Bike Challenge, it will be going on all summer, so sign up today. All the miles you log will go towards our state’s total.[/fusion_builder_column][/fusion_builder_row][/fusion_builder_container]
Leave A COMMENT
In case you missed our last Bicycle-Friendly Driver webinar, we're hosting another course on March 29 at 6 p.m. Le… https://t.co/xbVABneevG
The Ride to End ALZ on 6/11 offers routes 10 to 100 miles. Start your ride at Canvas Stadium in Fort Collins and wr… https://t.co/8VTGTox6y7
The Latest Newsview all
- Dec 22, 2022
- by Bicycle Colorado