Karen Hornbostel Memorial Time Trial at Cherry Creek State Park
COVID-19 update: Our new dates are September 9, 16, 23, 30, October 7, 14, 21. Due to the sun setting earlier late in the season we have moved all start times up by one half hour, with the first racer starting at 4:00 PM.
About the KHMTT
Since 1991, the KHMTT has taken place Wednesday evenings in Cherry Creek State Park in early spring, however because of the current pandemic, it has been postponed to autumn. The seven-week series will be starting on September 9th.
The weather is a bit unpredictable (this is Colorado!), but that is what makes the KHMTT unique and challenging!
The course begins at the edge of the Cherry Creek Reservoir, winds through the wetlands southeast of the reservoir, and crosses back and forth the small creeks that supply the water for the reservoir.
The KHMTT series is a fundraiser for Cancer Fitness Institute in memory of Karen Hornbostel, a four-time masters national road champion who battled metastatic breast cancer for over 13 years yet courageously pioneered a fitness program for cancer patients that started what is today the Cancer Fitness Institute. Her work is still making a difference today in the quality of the lives of thousands of cancer survivors. The COBRAS and the KHMTT are proud to be able to contribute to this worthwhile program.
The 2020 Karen Hornbostel Memorial Time Trial Series is presented by the COBRAS.
Obviously COVID-19 protocols and procedures are very important for the KHMTT to be run safely. All protocols will be strictly enforced. Cherry Creek State Park has reserved the right to cancel our permit if our participants fail to follow the protocols.
- If you or anyone you have been in close contact with has a fever, or is feeling sick, stay home
- All racers, staff and volunteers are required to wear face coverings at all times except while racing
- Group sizes over twenty-five are not be allowed to congregate in any single area
- Six-foot social distancing will be enforced in all areas
- Parking: use every other parking space in the Smoky Hill lot
- No team tents are allowed in the Smoky Hill lot
- Please leave the park at the completion of your race
- Please do not bring spectators to the park
- Race standing will not be published and available at the park, but will only be available online
- Hand sanitizer and face coverings will be available
There will NOT be any registration at the park. You can however register online using any browser or smartphone browser the day of the race, up until about 5:00 PM.
For all the details, go to the https://khmtt.com website, there you will find all the details and your new start time.
And of course, if you have questions, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org